[ExI] The list is in the timeline

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 03:30:25 UTC 2015

On Dec 9, 2015 9:48 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Your comment has me pondering evil twins and triplets in general.  The
evil
> twin thing is fairly simple, the terms unambiguous.  But once we introduce
> the complexity of triplets, it upsets my sense of symmetry to imagine two
of
> the siblings evil and one good.  It just feels like you should have one on
> either end of the malicious/benevolence spectrum with one exactly at zero.
>
> But that introduces a new complexity: how does the middle guy stay exactly
> unevil and ungood simultaneously?  Or does she alternate days?  And what
if
> the same action being defined as good by some observers and evil by
others?

Heroes and villians seem to be only at the extremes of your spectrum,  so
are more simply referenced by boolean variables.

The classic evil twin is then a boolean NOT operation on one's own "isEvil"
property.

Now in this case of a triple,  I'd like to propose something that already
exists in the domain of set theory applied to SQL/database design; another
dimension of evil: Null.

It means neither yes nor no. It is the unknown and unknowable.  It has been
misused and abused to imply or suggest the default or the most-likely,  but
that is a wild in sheep's clothing.  (I assume some combination of cotton
and denim,  yeah?)

So the family has a Good son, an Evil son, and the Null son.  Who can say
what imbalance was born when the Null son entered the world?  The Null son
is its own negation.  Any operations involving the Null son yields only the
Null son.

Anders' suggestion of a triple leaving origin along equiangular trajectory
at relativistic speed (that's how I imagined it) made me imagine this
experiment in terms of quantum entanglements.

Does a 3 qubit computer have a Null value or equivalent?  Does that mean
unknown or is that a burnt-out qubit?

Hmm, more stuff to look up tomorrow.