[ExI] The list is in the timeline and Religious Idiocy

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 10 21:51:02 UTC 2015

>... On Behalf Of Anders Sandberg

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 8:46 PM,  John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ?Why is it OK to criticize somebody's beliefs about anything EXCEPT
>> religion no matter how brain dead dumb it is? ...

>...There is also a fundamental problem with lack of tools for criticism.
How many can make a good theological argument these days? ...
--
Anders Sandberg

Meeeeeee, I can.  I have been an atheist for over 30 years now, but I still
remember how to do theological synthesis from my misspent youth.  I still
know the lines of reasoning, the basic assumptions, the tools of the trade.

I did observe something interesting from the old days: those who can do the
most effective theological synthesis (creating novel lines of reasoning in
theological matters (there are such things)) are those who are not
themselves believers.