[ExI] ambiguously evil triplets, was: RE: [Bulk] Re: The list is in the timeline

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 11 03:50:29 UTC 2015

I ran all six of Anders’ cases with the ambiguously evil triplets.

Here’s how to read these.  You go across the rows: Alice says Alice is neutral, Alice says Betty is righteous, Alice says Carla is evil.  Second line, Betty says Alice is evil, Betty says Betty is neutral, Betty says Carla is righteous (and so forth.)

Case 1:

Alice

Betty

Carla

Alice

0

-1

1

Betty

1

0

-1

Carla

-1

1

0

generation

Alice

Betty

Carla

1

0

0

0

2

0

0

0

3

0

0

0

4

0

0

0

5

0

0

0

6

0

0

0

7

0

0

0

8

0

0

0

9

0

0

0

10

0

0

0

11

0

0

0

12

0

0

0

13

0

0

0

14

0

0

0

15

0

0

0

16

0

0

0

Zzzz…

Case 2:

Alice

Betty

Carla

Alice

0

1

-1

Betty

1

0

-1

Carla

-1

1

0

generation

Alice

Betty

Carla

1

0

2

-2

2

4

-2

-2

3

0

2

-2

4

4

-2

-2

5

0

2

-2

6

4

-2

-2

7

0

2

-2

8

4

-2

-2

9

0

2

-2

10

4

-2

-2

11

0

2

-2

12

4

-2

-2

13

0

2

-2

14

4

-2

-2

15

0

2

-2

16

4

-2

-2

Case 3:

Alice

Betty

Carla

Alice

0

1

-1

Betty

-1

0

1

Carla

1

0

-1

generation

Alice

Betty

Carla

1

0

1

-1

2

-2

0

2

3

2

-2

0

4

2

2

-4

5

-6

2

4

6

2

-6

4

7

10

2

-12

8

-14

10

4

9

-6

-14

20

10

34

-6

-28

11

-22

34

-12

12

-46

-22

68

13

90

-46

-44

14

2

90

-92

15

-182

2

180

16

178

-182

4

That one is interesting:

Ok, sure. But these are all cases where the triplets identify each other as either evil, good or neutral.

But there is no reason why a person couldn’t be fractionally good or evil.  So I created a sim with scroll bars in excel such that the sum of each triplet’s evaluations is zero, but they can be fractions.  For this sim, we assume extremes of -1 to 1 for all three.  It’s a fun toy.

This gives some interesting chaotic-looking stuff:

Alice

Betty

Carla

Alice

-0.09

0.47

-0.38

Betty

-0.71

-0.09

0.8

Carla

0.7

-0.45

-0.25

generation

Alice

Betty

Carla

0

-0.1

-0.07

0.17

1

0.1777

-0.1172

-0.0605

2

0.024869

0.121292

-0.14616

3

-0.19067

0.066545

0.124124

4

0.0568

-0.15146

0.094659

5

0.168685

-0.00227

-0.16642

6

-0.13006

0.154373

-0.02431

7

-0.11492

-0.06408

0.179

8

0.181141

-0.12879

-0.05235

9

0.038498

0.120284

-0.15878

10

-0.20001

0.07872

0.121293

11

0.047015

-0.15567

0.108658

12

0.182357

-0.01279

-0.16957

13

-0.12603

0.163165

-0.03713

14

-0.1305

-0.05721

0.187707

15

0.183758

-0.14065

-0.0431

16

0.053153

0.118422

-0.17157

Some of these patterns are just trippy-looking, and offer new insights into good and evil.  It is even legal and you don’t risk hallucinating that you can fly, causing you to leap from tall buildings.

Software available on request.