[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 17:51:48 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 8:03 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> I do care that the telescope gets built.

​As should every civilized person on the planet! ​

> ​> ​
> I do care about property rights, too. Do the chthonic believers have
> ownership in fee simple?

​They have no property deed that I know about. And until Captain Cook
discovered the island in 1779 (and got killed by the natives in the
process) I doubt that any native Hawaiian ever stood atop Mauna Kea, it
would have been a difficult dangerous journey with nothing to reward them
when they got to the top but snow and ice; although around 1100 AD they did
open up a Adez strip mine halfway up. So much for sacredness.

 John K Clark      ​