[ExI] need a new word/suffix

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 09:51:55 UTC 2015

William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

"I have looked into it a bit and there is no good suffix for 'hate'.
And we do need one.

We are using 'xenophobia' to mean not just fear but hate and that is
just wrong.  We can even love what we fear.

So, group, I don't know of any other people who are better placed to
create a new suffix and thus word for hate of the new/strange/different.

It must, I think, start with xeno-.  Latin offers 'peregrinus' for alien.
Maybe not workable.

Ideas?"

I would suggest -odia. From Odium.

It works for some words (Islamodia) but not really for others (Xenodia,
Xeno-odia?)

Although it might not be grammatically sound to use it like that, I'm
not learned enough to know.

Ben Zaiboc