[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Dec 16 01:30:53 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Tara Maya
Subject: Re: [ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

>…I’ll be honest: a drunken wombat could run a nation better than I.

…Tara Maya

On the contrary Tara.  You wouldn’t need to set up everything.  Rather you would distribute power in such a way that it works best.  The US Constitution provides a guide, for the authors of that document recognized that states empowered but with competition from other states would lead to governmental excellence.  Competition does that: it breeds excellence.

I often get the feeling the US errs in trying to always concentrate too much power at the federal level.  If they study the constitution and see the idea the founders had, set up state governments to do the heavy lifting, the Federal government do to common defense and such, then we would be much better off.