[ExI] Augmentations to Science /was Re: Drugs and creativity

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:37:03 UTC 2015

On Dec 21, 2015 9:38 AM, "Will Steinberg" <steinberg.will at gmail.com> wrote:
> Because I can't exactly making a computer that had insight, because then
whatever the code was to produce that insight, the way it was made would
already point to how to change it to make better insight.

I am having trouble parsing this.  From my own experience coding things
that produced insights (or helped me produce insights, depending on how you
classify it), what I think you're saying does not appear to be true: the
code by itself did not, in those cases, point to better insights.