[ExI] most common jobs

crw crw at crw.io
Mon Feb 9 01:37:29 UTC 2015

On 2/8/2015 4:00 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> On 9 February 2015 at 10:40, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8 February 2015 at 22:31, spike wrote:
>>> What happens when robo-trucks start to take over the job of truck driver?
>>>
>> The robots *are* coming for their jobs.

>> Might turn out OK.
>>
>> BillK
> High levels of automation and unemployment do not seem to be
> correlated at all as far as I can tell.

Coincidentally, I just happened across this relevant post:

A Tale of Two Zippers
http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=4364

"They’ve already automated everything else in this factory, so I figure
they’ve thought long and hard about this problem, too. My guess is that
robots are expensive to build and maintain; people are self-replicating
and largely self-maintaining. Remember that third input to the factory,
“rice”? Any robot’s spare parts have to be cheaper than rice to earn a
place on this factory’s floor."

Food for thought? :)

-crw