[ExI] Driverless racecars

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:40:55 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> Making the cars driverless seems to be the next step.

No doubt that idea has appeal, but the fundamental draw of athletics is the
performance of the athletes. What can the best humans on the planet do?

Sure, I'd like to see a driverless race. As in, one driverless race. It's a
novelty, not something I'd watch weekly. Robot golf, tennis, baseball, etc.
would all fall in that category for me. A robot that could shoot foul shots
(or three-pointers) with five-9's accuracy would be the most boring thing
imaginable--except perhaps for the team that created it.

-Dave