[ExI] Zombie glutamate

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Mon Feb 16 18:36:31 UTC 2015

Bill,

I bet people once asked Galileo, why he was so interested in whether the
sun went around the earth, or the other way around.  He was probably
constantly asked: Even if you knew such, what would you do with that
information?  It's all about knowing what the future will be like, and
being able to make preparations for, and decisions, based on good
information.

I'd bet you are a tetrachromat, and represent your visual knowledge, like
most of us, with 3 primary colors.  Do you have any interest in knowing,
qualitatively, what bichromat, and even more phenomenal, tetrachromat
visual information is qualitatively like?  Do you care if someone might
have drastically different qualitative knowledge than you....?  Are you
interested in knowing, qualitatively, what it is like to be a bat?  In
fact, is zombie physics good enough for you, our would you also like to
know the qualitative nature of the entire world?

Oh, and it has to do with the future, and making salvation decisions based
on future possibilities.  Most people think that they are "spirits" just
inhabiting their bodies, when in reality, what they think are spirits, are
just knowledge of such, inhabiting knowledge of their bodies.  All of this
dependent on the brain.  All these kinds of people know there is something
more to physical bodies and consciousness that zombie physics.  So,
claiming that is all there is, has no effect on them.  But if you could
experimentally prove to them, that they don't have ghosts that can survive
without a brain, they just have knowledge of such, made of phenomenal
qualites.

When you think of being uploaded, what do you think it might, or could be
like?  Is it just a matter of creating a new and improved copy of yourself,
and then destroying the old one?  People know there is a big problem with
that kind of thinking?  Or is knowing, what that new and improved
consciousness of yours will be like, is critically important, is it not?
Is it not important that your knowledge of your spirit, be able to traverse
between brains...?   Knowing how to 'eff' the ineffable, and how to solve
the problems of other minds is what this stuff is all about.

If people have a better understanding of what they are, they can make far
better decisions, like choosing cryonic preservation, on which their
eternal salvation is dependent.

Brent Allsop