[ExI] beheadings etc.

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:35:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 , BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> The cause is probably fundamentalist religious maniacs.

Probably??  Is this point really debatable?

> There is one verse in the Quran which orders beheading in time of war.

There are other verses in the Quran that may help explain imbecilic Muslim
behavior:

“[We] shall let them live awhile, and then shall drag them to the scourge
of the Fire. Evil shall be their fate” (2:126).

Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people. They will
spare no pains to corrupt you. They desire nothing but your ruin. Their
hatred is evident from what they utter with their mouths, but greater is
the hatred which their breasts conceal” (3:118).

Believers, if you yield to the infidels they will drag you back to unbelief
and you will return headlong to perdition. . . . We will put terror into
the hearts of the unbelievers. . . . The Fire shall be their
home” (3:149–51)

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God’s religion reigns
supreme. (2:190–93).

Say to the unbelievers: ‘You shall be overthrown and driven into Hell—an
evil resting place! (3:12).

Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people. They will
spare no pains to corrupt you. They desire nothing but your ruin. Their
hatred is evident from what they utter with their mouths, but greater is
the hatred which their breasts conceal (3:118).

You will find that the most implacable of men in their enmity to the
faithful are the Jews and the pagans, and that the nearest in affection to
them are those who say: ‘We are Christians’” (5:80–82).

Those that disbelieve and deny Our revelations shall become the inmates of
Hell (5:86).

> > Similar atrocity verses can be found in the Old Testament.

Sam Harris had this to say about that in his book "The End Of Faith":

"Yes, the Bible contains its own sadistic lunacy but the Qur’an does not
contain anything like a Sermon on the Mount. Nor is it a vast and
self-contradictory book like the Old Testament, in which whole sections
(like Leviticus and Deuteronomy) can be easily ignored and forgotten. The
result is a unified message of triumphalism, otherworldliness, and
religious hatred that has become a problem for the entire world. And the
world still waits for moderate Muslims to speak honestly about it."

  John K Clark