[ExI] Color

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 08:31:28 UTC 2015

On 27 February 2015 at 03:04, Mike Dougherty wrote:
> Recent discussion of effing red made me think to share this here.
> http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesish/help-am-i-going-insane-its-definitely-blue
> http://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/this-might-explain-why-that-dress-looks-blue-and-black-and-w
>
> What's going on with this?  I assumed it is an elaborate hoax until my wife
> said it reversed too.  Parallel worlds like some Twilight Zone episode could
> be an acceptable answer even if highly improbable.  :)

Snopes says it is a mild internet prank.
(Getting the twitterati all over-excited).

<http://www.snopes.com/info/news/mysterydress.asp>
Quote:
The highlighted bit of the dress's darker top stripe reads through an
eyedropper tool as hex code #806D48, which is a gold-based tone.
However, a lighter portion of the sleeve (described by many as white)
reads as hex code #A0A1B9, a heavily blue-tinged color. Ultimately,
it's far less likely that the image is a mood diagnostic rather than a
mild prank involving image manipulation software and the power of
suggestion.