[ExI] Annual projects

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sat Jan 3 14:20:24 UTC 2015

A new year had begun. I long ago resolved to never make new years resolutions, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about what I want to do with the coming year.

In my case the main point is to leverage some of my ongoing projects to get some long-term professional rewards. There will be some transhumanist side-effects, of course.

But why not set up an explicit transhuman project too? In my case I think I will use quantified self methods to optimize my health so that by the end of the year I am habitually exercising or at least have an usefully rich dataset to explore. Not too radical by today's standards.

Or do you have some suggestions for a research project I ought to do this year? Here is your chance to up my ambition level.

What are your annual projects going to be?

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University