[ExI] RES: More Advanced Extraterrestrials

Tomaz Kristan protokol2020 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:19:32 UTC 2015

> I think it more likely that post-sing civs go tiny and speed up their
internal processing, thus freezing the outside universe from their
perspective. Speeding up your thinking changes everything.

I hear this argument a lot, but I don't think it's a valid one.

Yes, you shrink after the big S, but still you have to have some (all)
control over the neighbourhood. At the least, you are not going to permit
any kind of evolution nearby, which may kill you, eventually.

And which will probably be smarter and will NOT ignore everything around.

Second, you'll not permit the  surrounding free enthalpy to be wasted
naturally. In vain.

You have no choice, but to expand and colonize inward AND outward.

https://protokol2020.wordpress.com/