[ExI] A paranormal prediction for the next year

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 01:38:44 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:08 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> *From:* extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] *On
> Behalf Of *William Flynn Wallace
> *…*
>
> >…Jimmy Carter (according to my dentist this morning) caused the high gas
> prices of the 70s.  Accordingly, Obama must be responsible for the lowered
> prices.  QED.  bill w
>

> BillW, if your dentist was smart enough to make it into and through dental
> school, she is smart enough to realize American presidents do not dictate
> gas prices.
>

> Explain to her that low gas prices are being caused by fracking with
> little influence from Obama, and that Jimmy Carter caused Ronald Reagan.

The current depression of oil prices is due in part to the fact that OPEC
refuses to lower production. While they MIGHT be doing this for their own
reasons, it is also POSSIBLE that they are doing so because the Obama
administration wishes to put extreme pressure on Russia.

So while one could debate Carter's influence on the oil prices in 1979, one
can also rationally debate Obama's influence now.

-Kelly