[ExI] Fwd: Paper on "Detecting Qualia" presentation at 2015 MTA conference

Dan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:01:57 UTC 2015

Isn't there another issue here? Red is seen not just when a certain wavelength hits the eye, but in response to a host of other factors, such as background. And the response is really a function of many color receptors being hit and then the visual system chewing on that (quickly), no?

(I'm not even getting into the qualia issue here -- just how the visual system responds to make normal people perceive redness (or smell jasmine or hear a melody, etc.).)

I didn't read the paper. Just responding to the discussion here.

Regards,

Dan
 See my Kindle books at:
http://www.amazon.com/Dan-Ust/e/B00J6HPX8M/