[ExI] Fwd: Paper on "Detecting Qualia" presentation at 2015 MTA conference

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 18:34:30 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 9:43 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> And I just don't understand questions like why 650 nM is seen as red.
> It's like asking why hitting yourself in the head with a hammer causes pain.

You got your genes from your ancestors, and although most animals never
manage to get their genes into the next generation without exception every
single one of your ancestors did; you come from a long, very long, line of
winners. There may have been animals that found it pleasant to get hit hard
in the head, there probably were, but none of them were your ancestors
because none of them were winners.

  John K Clark