[ExI] "SpaceX - Fall Down, Get Back Up - Unless Congress Keeps Them Down"

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 07:19:39 UTC 2015

"I've been doing a few interviews since the loss of the SpaceX Dragon on
its way to the Space Station. Each one very quickly questions the viability
of what they call commercial space in light of the failure. I tell them
space is hard, this is what happens early in a program with new technology.
It is better now than later in terms of that first and all important
cautionary failure any such quest needs. And then I tell them more damage
was done to the commercial space flight industry by Congress gutting the
budget for humans to ISS flights than by this disaster. While this was bad,
what they did on the Hill is far more insidious and damaging to the nation.
After all, the gang at SpaceX can find and fix their malfunction issue
using logic and technology. In the end the system will be better, the team,
now scarred once will be wiser, and the rockets will fly again."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rick-tumlinson/spacex-fall-down-get-back_b_7692328.html