[ExI] Future of Humanity Institute at Oxford University £1 million grant for AI

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 14:15:46 UTC 2015

They should have sent a couple of hundred bucks my way, and I would
have advised them to leave the rest of the money in the bank.
Superintelligent AIs will do what they want to do. That's the
definition of intelligence, super or not. Trying to program or enforce
behaviors or values in a super-smart AI is like telling your smart and
rebellious kids to stay home and study instead of going out and have
fun. Same thing, and same result.