[ExI] book

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 13:50:53 UTC 2015

> Stross, Rajaniemi and Watts are cool because they write the kind of novels
> I would want to write, if I had literary talent.
>

> Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford
> University

​Thanks for sharing.  Watts looks good.  I just finished Neal Stephenson's
Seveneves and skipped maybe a third to half the book because of technical
detail, such as orbital mechanics.  Still, I recommend it.  Anders, I don't
think we could ever agree on consequentialism as a determiner of moral
correctness.  No room for 'in good faith' and 'good intentions and
'unexpected consequences'.  Just too unforgiving.  bill w ​