[ExI] Are Limited Lifespans An Evolutionary Adaptation?

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 14:18:50 UTC 2015

All this talk about evolution and lifespan highlights a simple fact:
Evolution can only take us so far.  And it has (and look at the mess
it's made on the way!).

If we want longer lives (not just a few extra years, but significantly
longer lives), we'll have to use engineering and deliberate design.
Tinkering with drugs and genes in our existing bodies is not going to
cut it.  That approach is like changing the additives in your petrol in
the hope that it will reverse the corrosion of your spark plugs.  We
need a re-design.

Ben Zaiboc