[ExI] Fwd: Vermis ex machina

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:22:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015  Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What you [Mike Dougherty is] asking is, whether identity and
> consciousness  might possibly require *all* of the information processing
> that happens in our brain, i.e. there is no redundancy.
> Maybe. We'll find out in the next 20 - 30 years.

Maybe less if the current rate of development of Quantum Computers
continues at its present rate. This was in today's issue of the journal
Nature:

http://www.nature.com/articles/nature14270.epdf?referrer_access_token=5eOcIrxJit57oQ9AbgUbcNRgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0Nl3_SWJL2Yj5LBgXNo8IyXld_hUdCO7LMnjkzAUvEu1ETPBAMDGRQAzb51sv1KX3628izQUsDesAmmBuYpNfD3zJeEJgdakb-4n-9r6NfFMDcXMb7brdrg8GdxwCaK0AOtkOpERCNsLwWYs-_5SqvkD9LCpvhDijqiyzBWHOBtp9ZYlXdPGD3zqb5YUFaPXTlLU2-2-0C_A7cpb1g9xJzt&tracking_referrer=www.nytimes.com

The New York times also had a article about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/05/science/quantum-computing-nature-google-uc-santa-barbara.html?_r=0

  John K Clark

New York Times: