[ExI] Pythons and rabbits

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:20:35 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Tomaz Kristan <protokol2020 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I hate poisonous snakes. No matter where they are coming from.

Don't you think that's a little irrational? Fear them, maybe dislike them,
sure. I respect them and leave them alone.

I dislike almost all the biology. I like some humans and some flowers and
> some other plants. Have some empathy for domestic cats or an occasional dog
> or horse.
>
> But I see no intrinsic value in our ecosystems.

I do. I think the vast numbers of individuals and species of life on Earth,
past and present, makes life infinitely more complex, interesting, and
rewarding than it would be without them. That doesn't mean I think every
extinction is a tragedy. But living in an environment, real or simulated,
in which people are the only forms of live would get old pretty quickly.

> It's just a big slaughterhouse if you look it closely enough.

Or maybe it's one big, complex organism.

-Dave