[ExI] The Anti-Flynn

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 15:24:46 UTC 2015

Well, there are numbers, and then again, there are numbers.

A correlation of .71 is indeed high for social sciences, but it still
represents only about 50% shared variance.

The percentage of mentally retarded people in the US is roughly from 2.5 to
around 7.  The cutoff is an IQ of 70.  There will be very few in this range
who can learn to read, so the actual literacy rate is not 99% but closer to
95%.  One source I found said that the literacy rate was 100% for some
countries - very obviously a political statement, not a scientific one.

​bill w​