[ExI] In memoriam

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 22:19:59 UTC 2015

Anders, what a deeply bittersweet memory!  I never got the chance to meet
Sasha in person, but I had some very nice email exchanges with him.  I
remember that he offered me a high end job in the IT field, but I was not
sufficiently qualified.  Hey, now I could go on about preparation and
opportunities....

The person I painfully miss, though I only met him in person once, was
Robert Bradbury.  He made it possible for me to attend Extropy 5, where I
had many wonderful experiences, including seeing him "hold court" for hours
among young people, around a large table at the conference hotel.  The man
was to me my "transhumanist big brother," and I was shocked to find out
that at such a relatively young age, he died of a stroke.

I wish he were still alive, sharing opinionated posts on the Extropy list,
and attending transhumanist conferences to share his intelligence and
charisma with everyone.

I hope in some form I get to one day see him again.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090223094631/http://www.aeiveos.com:8080/~bradbury/index.html

John