[ExI] The End of Meaningful Work

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 19 19:02:06 UTC 2015

On 19 May 2015 at 17:03, spike wrote:
<snip>
> Now consider a more recent analogous example.  Plenty of us here
> were building hotrod personal computers in the 1980s and 1990s.
> Lots of very direct positive feedback for the successful.  Companies
> watched and listened, now we all have really good reliable efficient fast computers.
>
> Sexbots: imagine the potential software improvements where we make mods to
> teach her (or him (or it)) new tricks in the bedroom.

I have heard a rumour that unemployed people living on benefits spend
quite a lot of time doing sex and drugs with each other.  This
occupation may continue on a larger scale when everyone is unemployed.

So sexbots may be a minority interest. As to 'new tricks', I have been
informed that for every weird unlikely thing you can think of, there
are photos and videos on the internet of humans demonstrating every
variation.

(Does having sex with a sexbot count as being 'unfaithful' to a human partner?).

BillK