[ExI] any dispute?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed May 20 09:25:40 UTC 2015

On 20 May 2015 at 01:39, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:51 AM, BillK wrote:
>> Sorry, but I'm afraid that high IQ people have just as many weird
>> beliefs as other people. They are just better at thinking up
>> self-justifying reasons.
>

> ### That doesn't seem to be the case. If weird means "sufficiently
> contradicted by reasonable evidence",  then there is a strong correlation
> between low IQ and weird beliefs, from sundry religions to beliefs in
> ghosts, urban myths, harebrained get-rich-quick schemes and other madness of
> crowds. Sure, smart people also believe stupid things but not as commonly as
> the common folk.

Isn't that just because there are more low IQ people than high IQ people?

For every pseudo-science group there are high IQ people lecturing and
writing articles and many followers nodding in agreement.

If you look at the famous high IQ scientists and Nobel prize winners,
they usually also have some weird ideas outside their career
speciality.

Just like if at a cocktail party you get talking to a top lawyer or
surgeon, after a while he/she might mention that they believe in UFOs
or eat ugli fruit every day to live longer. (But don't show interest
or you will never get away from them!).   :)

BillK