[ExI] 11 year-old graduates college with 3 degrees

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon May 25 07:02:05 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 11:28 PM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> An ambitious prodigy....  I suppose genetic engineering will in time allow
> parents to select for a child with such precocious intelligence...
>

> http://college.usatoday.com/2015/05/22/11-year-old-graduates-college-with-3-degrees/

1) Major asterisk next to this.  One of the three he got was in math, and
two in science (including one "math and general science"), despite not yet
having finished Calculus.  And these were just Associate's degrees.  Still
impressive, just not as much as it may seem at first.

2) What if we revamped and compressed the educational system such that this
level of learning became the norm, or at least much less unusual, without
need of genetic engineering?  (Or, of course, combined both approaches...)