[ExI] CRISPR and Gene Drives

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Sat Nov 21 05:04:37 UTC 2015

Damn, that would be fun. Like one of those aquariums they sell for kids with all the creatures, but build them from the genes on up, and for a rather larger (but still possibly contained) area. Wouldn’t it be cool if your house or your office building had its own designer ecosystem, the way it currently has furnishing and artwork?

The biodiversity of a planet filled with such pocket ecosystems would also skyrocket, undoing the current mass extinction’s decimation of biodiversity.

Tara Maya
Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Amazon  |  Goodreads