[ExI] bar sinister gets more than you, was:... gets more than you do

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 04:01:45 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 3:27 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Now this is a great topic.​  I sometimes daydream about having a billion
> dollars, or ten billion or something, and plan what to do with it.  Surely
> some of you have the same daydream.
>
> So - just what *would you do *with some large amount of money  Let's say
> 10 billion.

Well, for me of course this isn't such a hypothetical, at least for lower
amounts.  I'd take that first $6 million and fund my rocket venture,
CubeCab.  Anyone with $750,000 - or a significant chunk thereof - to
invest, who meets SEC angel investor guidelines, contact me offlist and I
can give you a budget for how we'd use that for the next phase of CubeCab.

More broadly, I'd encourage everyone on this list to think about how they
could use a few million to generate at least that much (preferably much
more) via some product or service that could benefit humanity.  We have
knowledge of and access to some of the best technology on Earth - at least,
more knowledge & access than the average human being, by far.  These
technologies are cool precisely because they enable things that are
impossible, or at least a lot more expensive and difficult, without them.
Therefore, where the enabled activities are desirable and/or productive
(which is often a subset of "desirable"), it should not be difficult to
find a way to use these to generate wealth.  So, given some starting
capital, how do you turn this into a business that can repay said starting
capital several times over?