[ExI] [Bulk] Robot car racing!

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Nov 29 04:38:02 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2015 10:13 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] [Bulk] Robot car racing!

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 10:16 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com <mailto:foozler83 at gmail.com> > wrote:

And what's to keep some yahoo from turning this into demolition derby?

bill w

### Hey, there is nothing wrong with a demolition derby, people pay to watch it!

A robo-demolition derby could be done … turn into oil-thirsty all-against-all rage among the last robots running.

Rafał

Ja the use of robots in demolition derby has been done.  It was an early use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJxPLqO3EBE

It was a cool novelty when the sport was introduced, pleasantly testosterone soaked, but as far as I know there is no fully automated version.  All the robo-wars competitions I have seen were remote control.

This robo-racing business is no interest unless the cars are completely autonomous.

The reason I don’t think it would be a winning strategy to try to wreck your opponent is that the process would likely wreck oneself.