[ExI] atrophy or hypertrophy

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Oct 2 16:43:10 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-02 10:41, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

>>. So, I would expect a mild loss of adrenal mass in response to the
completely laid-back lifestyle... Rafal

I thought it would go that direction too Rafal.  We hear a lot about our
immune systems getting lazy because we modern people enjoy a sterile clean
environment.  It stands to reason the adrenal system would do likewise.

>.Anders wrote:  >.Stressed people find ways to be stressed even in total
retirement, laid-back people relax while working. Anders

This comment brought me a smile.  Anders, the biggest adrenaline surge I
have had in the six years since retirement is last year when you and I were
attempting to drive in San Francisco.  {8-]  That gave the old adrenal
system a good workout.  {8^D