[ExI] AI risks

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 18:28:28 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:58 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> On Sep 2, 2015, at 7:01 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> Friendly persuasion?  Ever worked at a mental hospital?  I've seen
> patients take a dose of an antipsychotic that would knock over an elephant
> - and still keep raving… BillW
>

> Is there some kind of medication which is the opposite of an
> anti-psychotic?  Is that called a pro-psychotic?  What would happen if you
> gave these patients that?
>
> Is there a medication, if given to a knocked-over elephant, would cause
> the beast to stand and resume his elephantine existence?  And what if one
> were to go to a rave (noun: a lively party or gathering involving hipsters
> dancing and such) distribute the pro-psychotic in order to induce the state
> of apparent madness intentionally?  The possibilities are endless and all
> tend toward cheerful absurdity.
>
> spike
>

> ​It took 8 people to hold that guy down, so no, I don't think we want to
mess with any drug that produces that kind of high.  Lots of steroids might
do it.

But he wasn't really dangerous in a way.  He was indiscriminately
destructive.  He was like a buzz saw:  stay out of the way and you'll be
fine.  But persuade him?  Hah.  Think rabid dog.  Yes, Dan, run!

As for the elephant:  once a year the morula (yes, like the embryonic
stage) berry trees produce fruit and the elephants eat tons of it.  It then
ferments in their stomachs and they go on rampages and destroy villages and
so on.  So maybe those berries could get Jumbo up and running.

What a mind you have, Spike.  I'll bet it's a lot of fun to be in your
brain​

​ - inventive like Jonathan Winters​.

bill w