[ExI] Fwd: Re: AI risks

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 23:36:37 UTC 2015

On Sep 8, 2015 12:13 AM, "Anders Sandberg" <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> "Ah, Anders, I see that you are actually working on the biohacking
project."
> "Yes, I have this risk pipeline model showing that most of the risk is
from the disgruntled postdoc/biotech startup part of the spectrum than the
biohackers."
> "Good work."
> "And I figured out that I could get an order of magnitude more fatalities
by inserting a gene blocking..."
> "Anders!"

That sounds like a story I wrote.  The Earth was depopulated by plague;
said plague was designed to be targeted at some specific subset of
humanity, but was accidentally released without that target set, and thus
attacked everyone.