[ExI] a clean well-lighted challenge

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Sep 24 10:24:35 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Subject: Re: [ExI] a clean well-lighted challenge

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 3:11 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>>…Now, write a short story and teach me something.

Not my best work ever, but here's a shot:

---

>…While the markets never truly closed - always, somewhere in the world, there were stocks and commodities to trade - some hours of the day required less attention than others.  It was in these idle hours that Bluebird planned….And so it was that Bluebird Trading Co. came to be run by what its founders had whipped up in their back yard.  The relationship proved to be long, profitable, and by most accounts happy.

Cool story Adrian!

Of all the AI discussion here, I don’t recall any theoretical AI which emerged and subsequently reached a long-term equilibrium after having taken over some modest segment or task.  We need a map of all AI possibilities to do valid Baysian statistics, and the Bluebird scenario is one of them.