[ExI] Objective standards?/was Re: silly 'rules'

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 07:18:42 UTC 2015

Why do we need "objective standards" at all? What's wrong with
subjective standards? And why can't different people people with
mostly different subjective standards agree to disagree, and
collaborate to make the world a better place according to the
standards and values they both happen to support?

Yes, we can develop scholarly theories of comparatively aesthetics and
all that, and some people like to do that. I prefer to consider my,
and others', standards and values as a given.