[ExI] book alert

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sat Sep 26 15:43:29 UTC 2015

Yes, those Edge boooks are great.

By the way, other books to look out for:

Robin Hanson, The Age of Em, Oxford University Press (2016)
http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780198754626.do
(The economics and sociology of an upload world, by this list's very own
Robin Hanson)

Olle Häggström, Here Be Dragons: Science, Technology and the Future of
Humanity, Oxford University Press (2016)
http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780198723547.do
(Looks very promising. Olle is awesome. )

Shanahan, M., The Technological Singularity, MIT Press (2015).
https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/technological-singularity
(Probably a bit too popular for many on this list, but Murray is a smart
fellow and has written well about many of our favorite topics.)

On 2015-09-26 17:13, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> Possibly many of you have already got your 2015 copies, but just in
> the slight chance that you haven't heard about this series:
>
> This Idea Must Die,  subtitled Scientific Theories that are blocking
> Progress; edited by John Brockman
>
> Great series - I've read all of them and none has been a loser.
>
> bill w
>
> bill w

Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute