[ExI] Most Useful Futurists Past?
scerir at alice.it
Mon Sep 28 09:10:19 UTC 2015
Mina Loy ?
Some of Mina Loy's "Aphorisms on Futurism" (as reported by Amara Graps):
* Die in the past. Live in the future.
* The Futurist can live a thousand years in one poem.
* Love the hideous in order to find the sublime core of it.
* In pressing the material to... derive its essence, matter becomes defined.
* Forget that you live in houses, so that you may live in yourself.
* What can you know of expansion; those who limit yourselves to compromise?
* Love of others is appreciation of oneself.
* Life is only limited by our prejudices. Destroy them, and you cease to be at the mercy of yourself.
* Time is the dispersion of intensiveness.
* The future is limitless - the past is a trail of insidious reactions.
* The future is only dark from the outside. Leap into it, and it _explodes_ with Light.
* The smallest person is as great as the Universe.
* May your egotism be so gigantic that you compromise mankind in your self-sympathy.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the extropy-chat