[ExI] Why Physics Needs Philosophy

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Apr 1 18:06:38 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace

…

​>…I recall a big meeting of philosophers somewhere around the 14th century.

OK well, ya got me on that one pal.  I wasn’t even out of elementary school back then.

>…  Issue:  how many teeth does a horse have?  Some wag suggested they get a horse and he was kicked out of the meeting:  only rationalism can decide truth - ….bill w

BillW, the question is less absurd than it sounds.  Any empiricist can count.  The philosopher’s job is to define the term “teeth.”

spike

​