[ExI] Whistling past the graveyard

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 21:58:36 UTC 2016

Adrian - Unless you want to claim that we are all automatons - including
and especially yourself - with no original thoughts ever.  What it did is
at least as original to itself as any human go player has done.
I am still not convinced.  Just because they did not expect the specifics
they got, did they not expect that?  They programmed in the flexibility,
the ability to learn etc.  So the credit still goes to the programmers,
no?  In other words, did they not predict that the outcomes would be
unpredictable and depended on the AI's experience?  Just as with people.
The only difference being that you can start with two identical AIs but you
cannot with people.

bill w