[ExI] Breakthrough Starshot - To The Stars!

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Apr 15 11:13:12 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-14 18:58, Adrian Tymes wrote:
>   They won't actually send anything beyond the solar system - not
> "can't" but "won't".  They will rediscover that beaming energy over
> such long distances really is less practical than having the thrust
> source right there

Actually, the evil of the rocket equation makes external thrust sources
really promising.

I have been keeping a loose eye at the topic for a number of years, and
it looks like people involved actually do know their stuff. It is hard
to achieve this, but it is not outside the laws of physics.

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute