[ExI] nutrition again

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:06:01 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 5:54 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> First link is to the 'home' page of the book.
>

> http://smile.amazon.com/The-Big-Fat-Surprise-Healthy/dp/1451624433?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
>
> Second link is to the page of one star reviews
>

> http://smile.amazon.com/The-Big-Fat-Surprise-Healthy/product-reviews/1451624433/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&showViewpoints=0
>
> It's just over my head.  I think you need to be an expert in the field to
> evaluate the reviews (or the book), so I thought I'd pass these along to
> whomever is interested to see if anyone  can put a more expert view to them
> than I can.
>
> So, it might be still up in the air, but dammit, something made so many
> obese!

Reading 1-star reviews of a controversial book is unlikely to be helpful. I
took a glance and they're mostly vegans/vegetarians who've drunk the Kool
Aid. The fact is that since the government recommended a move toward a
lower fat diet, the public largely headed that way, and health has
dramatically declined. The argument will probably go on for years but
that's all the evidence one needs that low fat isn't the answer to
improving health.

-Dave