[ExI] Breakthrough Starshot - To The Stars!

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 17:15:58 UTC 2016

On Apr 15, 2016 5:05 AM, "Anders Sandberg" <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> Do you really think nobody can pull off a 20 year long project?

There exist organizations that can do this.  I know of no examples that are
single mission organizations with nothing to do (and thus, no reason for
people to continue participating in or remember them) for years at a time.

Now, a foundation that was doing shorter missions - say, using the tech to
get better data about the outer planets, and/or map and survey all of our
solar system's large asteroids - while waiting for the results of this one
interstellar mission might continue to exist long enough.  But that
wouldn't be as sexy, so I do not expect them to seriously consider
suggestions of thus sort.