[ExI] Trump asks "​Why Can’t We Use Nuclear Weapons?​"​

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 16:31:46 UTC 2016

If the "serious" politicians, on both sides of the aisle, wanted us to be
able to take seriously the idea that a presidential candidate like Trump
could be an existential threat to the country, they probably shouldn't have
spent the last three decades describing, in turn, Ronald Reagan, Bill
Clinton, George W Bush, and Barack Obama as similar existential threats.

"But this guy's /really, really/ bad!" just isn't terribly convincing, in
and of itself. We've heard that story before.