[ExI] Trump asks "Why Can’t We Use Nuclear Weapons?"

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 18:58:43 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 1:41 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
> wrote:

> >>  Hillary Clinton sent Humayun to his death at the hands of Islamic
>>> terrorists, for short term political gain.
>>

> >> Apparently Humayun Khan's parents don't agree with you,
>

> ### That may be the case, although I did not discuss the issue with Mr
> Khan and I don't really know what he is thinking through all this commotion.

I don't see why it would be necessary to discuss it with him, Mr. Khan made
it abundantly clear in his speech at the Democratic convention that
nominated Hillary Clinton what his views were. And in response to Mr.
Khan's speech Trump produced this self contradictory gem:

*"Mr. Khan who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions
of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false)
and say many other inaccurate things."*

If Donald Trump had actually read the Constitution he'd know that Mr. Khan
DOES have a right to say whatever he wants in front of as many people that
want to listen to him. And yet for reasons that absolutely baffle me
libertarians seem to have a certain fondness for this fascist. It's
weird.  And yes I know many libertarians intend to vote for Gary Johnson,
but it takes 270 electoral votes to become president and I will give 3 to 1
odds that Johnson will not get one single electoral vote. Johnson will get
zero votes, zip nada zilch goose egg.

> >>  Let's avoid the subject of elections on this list. It is odious.
>>

>> Shouldn't you have said that at the very start of your post rather than
>> at the very end after talking about Hillary Clinton and "short term
>> political gain"?
>

> ### Let's avoid the subject of elections on this list.

I've seen this before, after a long post on subject X it ENDS with
something like, "we should never talk about subject X again", which really
means I and only I should have the last word on subject X.  It would be far
more convincing if the FIRST and only sentence in the post was " Let's
avoid subject  X  on this list ", I'd still disagree but at least it
wouldn't be self contradictory.

John K Clark