[ExI] Meta question

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 23:15:18 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> Recently made a post that started with "Irrational is not an easy
> strategy to understand."
> No replies at all.

​Irrational behavior means having no reason, no cause, for that behavior,
it would be equivalent to random behavior. So putting on a suicide dynamite
vest is not irrational ​it's just stupid; he did it for a reason, he did it
because he read in a book that a invisible man in the sky will give him 77
virgins after he dies if he puts on that vest. It's stupid for believing
what that book says is true so you might then ask why stupidity exists, but
as stupidity is the default assumption a much better question would be why
intelligence exists. There can only be one answer to that, Evolution.

 John K Clark