[ExI] Meta question

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 16:32:04 UTC 2016

Given that, we cannot define irrational behavior.  spike

Weight in on this Anders - please?

I think if one cannot define a word one should not use it.  On Match.com,
which I was on a few years ago, I had to pick:  Religious, Spiritual but
not Religious, neither Spiritual nor Religious.  I picked the second one
but cannot to this day say what Spiritual means.  I just did not want to
severely limit my matches.  But I do not use words that if I were asked I
could not define to my satisfaction.  So, for ex., I do not use these
words:  intuition, instinct, spiritual.

(as for your engineers, I would think that 'whatever works' is rational and
whatever doesn't, despite theory, first impression, or expert opinion to
the contrary, is irrational)

bill w