[ExI] To vote or not to vote

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:58:56 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 12:27 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Indeed sir?  How would any such system be free of the same factors we see
in the USA?  This planet’s collective humanity would evolve power grabbing
dictators that would make Evil Emperor Palpatine look like Kermit the Frog
by comparison, even ignoring the similar skin tone.

Hey, I'm not the one who postulated a world government. :-)

The only way to limit government abuses of power is to limit government
power. If the power is unlimited, the abuses will be horrendous. The
founding fathers of the US apparently tried to devise a system with limited
powers, but if that was really their goal then they've failed because
federal authority now covers anything it wants to cover.

It seems like it ought to be possible to devise a system of truly limited
government, but that's above my pay grade.

-Dave