[ExI] The Clinton Foundation was a means of gaining access

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 23:52:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 6:50 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> ​> ​
> John are you old enough to remember this ad?  It was the one which
> established the long-running advertising wisdom: sex sells, but death sells
> better:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k
>
> It worked.

​Yes ​I'm afraid I am old enough to remember that ad, and yes it worked and
I'm very glad it did. Some say the ad was unfair but I don't think so at
all, it never even mentioned Goldwater, it just reminded people that in the
nuclear age the President has infinite powers to screw things up, and I
think it's very very important to remind people of that from time to time.

> ​> ​
> The world was saved from Barry Goldwater.

​Yes the human race dodged a bullet in 1964 and that species of bipeds
dodged a bullet in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crises, I hope they can do
it again in 2016.
Until George W Bush came along I used to tell people
​ ​
that Lyndon Johnson was the worst President in my lifetime, and I still
think he was pretty damn bad. When that ad came out I was too young to vote
but if I could have I would have voted for Johnson, and if I knew then what
I know now I would have still voted for
​ ​
Lyndon Johnson
​ ​
because there is a
​n​
​important ​
difference between bad, very bad, hyper bad
​,​
​ and apocalyptically bad.  ​

​> ​
> We got the Vietnam war instead.

​Yes but there are worse things. Goldwater wanted to use nuclear weapons to
"​defoliate" Vietnam. There is no bottom to bad.

 John K Clark