[ExI] If I were President...

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 02:06:37 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> when you say "make NASA, DoE, EPA, FTC etc. do something", I would say
> "abolish NASA, DoE, EPA..

​If we were starting from scratch ​anarcho-capitalism would be the way to
go, but the trouble is we're one hell of a long way from scratch. How do
you propose we survive the transition from here to there?

> ​> ​
> Especially EPA.

​In 1960 the air in Los Angeles had 50 times as much volatile organic
compounds in it than it did in 2014 even though only one third as much
gasoline was sold in the city back then. Breathing volatile organic
compounds kills so what do you suppose the air would be like today if there
were no laws to discourage people from putting pollutants into the
atmosphere?

John K Clark